Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Kids Still Say the Darnedest Things

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a kid who was really funny in lessons. The same kid came back from camp this week and was still funny. Here are the ones I wrote down:

KID: My allergies are really bothering me.
ME: What are you allergic to?
KID: I'm not sure. I think I'm allergic to all the boogers in my head.
(I'm not sure that's possible, but it'd be scary if it were.--Ed.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

KID (after a counting mistake): That was a rest? I thought somebody sneezed or something.
(Hmm...reread the post linked above; sneezing seems to be a common thread here. Must be the allergies...--Ed.)

Again, perhaps you had to be there, but it sure made me laugh. If all my students were that funny, the day would go by faster, but I wonder how much work would get done...

Brecker update: In case you missed it, read the comment in yesterday's post about the health status of Michael Brecker. I definitely plan on sending a card, since, besides being one of my musical heroes, he was so cool when I got to meet him back in March. Get well, Michael!

1 comment:

Eric Grubbs said...

KID (after a counting mistake): That was a rest? I thought somebody sneezed or something.

Did you fine the kid $40 for making the counting mistake, just like how James Brown does with his band? :-)