Sunday, July 17, 2005

Just Plane Quoteworthy

I'm back from Indiana, and camp will be in full swing tomorrow morning. Since I only had three hours of sleep last night, this will be a short post, but I did have to pass along a couple of unusual quotes from the plane trip and in the car on the way from the airport to camp:

"We would like to welcome you to Dallas, where the local time is five to eleven....five to twleve. Umm, sorry, correction, that is five to eleven after all."--flight attendant, as we landed at DFW this morning.

"At this time, usage of cellular telephones may now be used."--the same flight attendant, a few minutes later. (And I thought I was sleepy...)

"In McKinney, southbound 75 is shut down in both directions."--radio traffic reporter, as I was leaving the airport. (And no, it wasn't Eric; besides, I'm not sure I could make fun of him on here even if he did say that.)

...but no, I don't think he had a fur-covered steering wheel too: The puddle-jumper plane that I took from Evansville to Memphis had fuzzy dice hanging above the windshield.

No comments: