Thursday, July 14, 2005

Indiana Wants Me...

...and Lord, I can go back there, but only for a couple of days. It's fraternity conference time again, which means that, like on several previous occasions, I'm getting on a plane for Indiana at 6:35 tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if this will be one of my famous all-nighters or not, but if I do sleep, it'll be maybe three hours at best. After a Friday and Saturday of meetings, I'm hopping another plane at the exact same time on Sunday morning so that I can get back in time for Jazz Camp that afternoon. It'll be a great week, but spare time will be at a premium.

Blogging will be on hiatus for the next two days; we're not meeting at the headquarters, but rather at a local university, and there will be no computer access where I'm staying. I'll pop back in on Sunday with a quick report, and highlights from camp will come in throughout the week.

(UPDATE: My hat's off to Blogger for their new "recover post" function; I lost this one in a browser crash right before I was done, and I was able to bring it back right away upon relaunch.)

Title Trivia II: Once again, bonus points to any reader who can name the one-hit wonder who recorded the song that inspired the title of today's post (no fair Googling!). And I can't believe nobody chimed in with the answer to the origin of yesterday's title yet.

Would you like coins with that? A bank robber in Chicago sent a holdup note through the vacuum tube at the drive-up window, and a teller actually gave him cash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I can't believe nobody chimed in with the answer to the origin of yesterday's title yet.

Isn't it from some incredibly stupid movie that everyone my age has seen and labeled "cool" except for myself?

Eric Grubbs said...

R. Dean Taylor had a Top 5 hit with "Indiana Wants Me" in 1970.