Monday, July 04, 2005

Holiday Greetings and So Fourth

Happy Fourth of July to all! As we sleep in, get together with friends and family, and just totally enjoy the day, don't forget to pause for a moment and think about the sacrifices that have been made to keep this great nation independent and free. I'm not penning any eloquent essay over here today, but I'll point you to good ones by Ed Cone and Glenn Reynolds (aka InstaPundit).

As always, I'm wearing my Old Navy Flag T-shirt today (that tradition goes back to '99, when I stood atop Rochers-de-Naye in Switzerland wearing one). Picking this year's model wasn't easy, because almost every color had a unique design (I went with red).

If you happen to miss the fireworks today (or they're rained out; I actually got sprinkled on going to get my paper this morning), try these; they're pretty cool for only being a little Java applet (hat tip: Dave Barry's Blog).

An explosive story: James Lileks has a funny column about a mythical Revolutionary War-era fireworks pioneer.

No comments: