Wednesday, September 28, 2005

If You Can't Stand the Heat...

...just wait a few more hours. Relief is on the way.

More later.

LATER (the next day): Today was beautiful. The drives in the morning (which included a trip to Arlington to snag some Rangers tickets for tomorrow night) and evening didn't even require air conditioning. I think it topped out at maybe 78 degrees, which was much better than yesterday's high of 104. Marching band members across the Metroplex are breathing a sigh of relief (though, at my first school, where they had a fire drill about 2.5 seconds after I arrived, some kids were griping about having to be out in the "cold"--there's just no pleasing some people, I guess). I know that it's not going down to the forties anytime soon (which is good by me), but it's nice to think that the most brutal part of a long summer is finally over.

1 comment:

Eric Grubbs said...

It came and man is the weather so much better!