Sunday, May 10, 2009

This Day Belongs to Moms

Just got off the phone with Mom. She and Dad have been back from Italy for a few days now (yeah, yeah, rough life) and seem to be over the jet lag and all that. It's back to life as normal for a while.

As I said a year ago, I'm one of those who is fortunate enough to have both my parents still around. The communication often takes the forms of emails now, along with the occasional IM (though Mom doesn't care for multitasking), but it's great to be able to get some pearls of wisdom and just stay in contact long after the normal period of "parenting" has passed.

Last year, I linked to a tribute to Moms from Dan Collins of Protein Wisdom. I just reread it, and it's worth linking again.

If your mom is still around, and you haven't picked up the phone today, you should do so. You won't regret it. (And a happy Mother's Day by extension to the two other moms in my family: my sister, a mother of three, and my Aunt Nora, who's not only a mom but a new grandmother this year.)

No comments: