Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shameless Plug

It's summer*; dress codes are relaxed in some places, nonexistent in others. Lots of people buy T-shirts. Some of those T-shrits have "attitude." If you're in the market for such a thing, you can't go wrong with DespairWear. They have a lot of new designs this year, and they even have kids' clothes now. (FULL DISCLOSURE: Yes, the company is run by a close relative. But I'd think this stuff was cool strictly on its own merits.)

*And yes, I know that the earthly season of summer doesn't begin for another few weeks. But as an academic, my life runs by school calendars, and when the spring semester is over, it's "summer" in my head.

And now for the nudes news: A few years ago, I managed to stumble upon the local celebration of the World Naked Bike Race on my Vermont trip. If you're into such things, you might be disappointed to know that this year's edition has already taken place.

Are you my mother?, or Cow plays sow: In Australia, a pair of supposedly weaned piglets have been "adopted" by a cow on their farm; the concern is that the pigs are so hungry, the cow is losing weight.

This might make your head spin just thinking about it: Here's a site that includes a picture of the world's largest island in a lake on an island in a lake on an island. (Say that ten times fast.)

No comments: