- A sleeping man in Jerusalem was surprised when a leopard walked into his bedroom. He managed to keep the big cat pinned for 20 minutes (in his underwear!) until park rangers arrived.
- Lots of Kazakhs may have been offended by Borat, but Miss Kazakhstain realizes it's all a joke. (She also noted that the country is preparing its own movie in response.)
- Scientists in New Zealand are breeding cows that produce low-fat milk.
- Meanwhile, a company is coming up with a line of designer cats that cost $22,000 apiece. (Perhaps that company can make a deal with the Chinese woman who claims that her cat has grown wings.)
- A special prosecutor, while informing a judge that he'd been cleared of theft charges for taking a student's cell phone during a class, was quite embarrassed when his own cell phone went off.
- A Catholic priest in Wisconsin had to give his church organist an ultimatum: Quit your other job selling sex toys, or quit the church.
- A truck driver attempted to drive his 13'6" truck through the 13' Lincoln Tunnel, ignoring the flashing lights of the sensors beforehand. Of course, he peeled the roof off his truck like a sardine can.
- A Utah minister has received a disorderly-conduct ticket for trying to block cars that are speeding past his church.
- And finally, passersby were surprised to see a Portland school bus parked outside a strip club. But don't worry, it wasn't a completely inappropriate field trip; it turns out that the private company that operates the buses will rent them out to various groups for mass transportation needs. Still, if I were with the school district, I'd be all kinds of embarrassed to hear about this...
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
While I Was Out...
A random grouping of news articles that I discovered either on the trip or in the week beforehand, but didn't have time to post yet...