Sunday, June 12, 2005

Just Another Short One

BURLINGTON--The lobby computer is still having issues, so I'll save my bigger posts for when I get back. But here are the three main highlights of today:

1) Our performance went really well. It was quite hot outside, and we were pretty much baking in the sun, but there was a lot of energy, and people really liked it.

2) The McCoy Tyner Trio concert tonight was one of the best jazz concerts I've ever seen in my entire life. Bassist Charnett Moffett nearly stole the show.

3) On this one night of the year, there's no better place to be than the Saturday Night Block Party on Church Street. Thankfully, that's exactly where I was.

4) We saw a naked bicycle race on our way into downtown tonight--no kidding. Now I can say I've seen it all (heh).

UPDATE: I told a little more of the bike-race story in the comments to an item on Dave Barry's Blog (scroll down; I'm the 8th comment).

More tomorrow, assuming the computer lets me log on; there have been problems with lots of sites (including my own email), but with Blogger, so far, so good.

No comments: