Sunday, June 11, 2006

I Have Only One Thing To Say Tonight....

Go Mavs.

It's starting to get exciting around here. Sure, there are two more games to be won before the Mavs can claim their first-ever title--and if they're the next two, or even two out of the next three, they'll have to be done in Miami. But still, you can start to feel the electricity in the air, just like back in '99 when the Stars won the Stanley Cup (ahh, what a great summer--hockey parties at my house for every game, with Star Wars Pod Racer on the Nintendo 64 during the intermissions...good times). If the Mavs take it all, this city's gonna go nuts (but unlike, say, Detroit, I don't think Dallasites will burn down parts of their own city). Add that to the Rangers still being in first place, and this has a "sporting chance" of being a summer to remember.

They made the rockin' world go 'round without me this year: Last year, I witnessed the Burlington, Vermont leg (and other body parts, both desirable and otherwise) of the World Naked Bike Race, and it went on again this year as well. Here's a report from the Mexico City edition. Key quote: "We don't pollute," from one of the riders. My reply? Umm, that depends on what you ate for lunch...

It sounds like Tasha has a cousin in Jersey: The owners of Jack the cat always knew he was ornery, but the extent of that wasn't proven until recently, when Jack treed a black bear in his yard not once, but twice.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Those darn cats!

Anonymous said...

Do enlighten me.. when did you cat tree a bear? D:

Kev said...

Well, Tasha didn't exactly tree a bear herself (especially since bears aren't native to Garland and I don't have any trees in my yard); I was just comparing the orneriness of the two cats.