Monday, June 19, 2006

Today Was All About the Music

There won't be a regular post today, because my birthday packages from Amazon came today (and before you say "But wait, Kev, your birthday was over a week ago!" let me explain: I get a gift certificate from Sis and Bro-in-Law pretty much every birthday, and the stuff just arrived now). So instead, I'll list what I got and come back with little blurb-reviews later:
  • Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band: The Phat Pack. (Previewed here last week.)

  • Chick Corea: Return to Forever

  • Chick Corea and Return to Forever: Light as a Feather

  • Pat Metheny Group: We Live Here DVD (Live in Japan). I've wanted one of these things since the most recent time I saw them on tour.

A new definition for World Cup, maybe: Around a thousand fans showed up for a recent Ivory Coast match in the World Cup wearing special orange pants--a promotion for a Dutch brewery. Since it wasn't the "official" brewery (which itself is Anheuser-Busch, much to the dismay of many Germans), the fans were required to remove the offending trousers. So they did, and watched the game in their underwear instead.

Yes, you really can find anything on the Web if you try hard enough: Would you believe that there's a site for cats that look like Hitler?

I love you gallons and gallons, or this romance is for the birds: A peacock in England has apparently fallen in love with a gas pump.

(Hat tip for all three stories today: Dave Barry's Blog)

No comments: