Wednesday, May 25, 2005

This Story Seemed Appropriate for "Hump Day"

OK, no post of substance today, but I thought I'd pass along this somewhat humorous story (as in "humorous when it's happening to someone else," pretty much): A lady in West Virginia, while in the process of painting her fence, had to call 911 after a camel sat on her.
(via Dave Barry's Blog)

Will they really celebrate by buying a vase? Happy anniversary to my sister and brother-in-law, Kristen and Justin. The ninth anniversary is the "pottery anniversary"; I finally looked it up this year after making jokes about what the materials for the first few years must be. (I was disappointed [he says, facetiously] to see that Velcro doesn't occur anywhere in the list of materials; I always thought that would be funny.)

However, I got a kick out of the fact that the material for the 24th anniversary is "musical instruments." Tell her you love her, with....a bassoon? Oh, and for the 32nd, it's "conveyances," a.k.a. a vehicle...cool. As you approach the 50th, it gets weirder: the 42nd is real estate, but the 44th is groceries (hey, gotta eat). Read the whole thing if you're curious about the rest.

No comments: