Monday, March 15, 2004

Thud

This morning, the first day back to school, hit me like a ton o' bricks. It appeared that everyone around me had also fallen victim to said bricks.

I couldn't help yawning all morning long, and it hit me again at my evening lessons at the store. It's gonna take more than one day to get used to sleeping from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (assuming I can actually hit the 11:00 part, though that should be no problem tonight) instead of 4 a.m.-11 a.m. Demon Matt said that this must be what being drunk would be like, and indeed, this morning felt like a hangover (not that I've known that feeling for a long, long time, nor do I plan to anytime soon). I guess it could be said that, after a week of fun, going back to the regular routine can indeed feel like a hangover. Tonight, I'll sleep more, and it can only get better, especially with the short day tomorrow.

Is it summer yet?

All Trane, all the time: Jazzy G sent me a link to a radio station at Columbia University that's playing nothing but John Coltrane music from now through the 25th. Check out this link:
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/wkcr/netcastload.html

Sonic update: Die-hard readers may have noticed that there wasn't anything about the Sonic sign at the beginning of this month. That's because there really wasn't anything to update; they simply moved their slightly-defective TUESDAY NIGHT HALF-PRICE BURGERS IS BACK message to the other side of the sign. The message on the other side, TRY A NEW SMOKY BURGER, would have been hard to mess up.

But just when you thought there was nothing to report this month, another Sonic here in Garland came through. Though the sign at this one is usually error-free, this month it reads:

TRY A ORANGECOOL BREEZE

Maybe the Sign Dude changed stores? We'll see what April has to offer.

No comments: