Saturday, March 13, 2004

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Things on my to-do list at the beginning of today:

--Calculate my teaching mileages for 2003 for taxes (yecch)
--Transfer a bunch of stuff into the new file cabinets in my room
--Get an estimate on the car from my recent fender-bender
--Pick up a prescription that had been ready since Wednesday
--Work on harmonizing a few passages for the combos
--Work on some stuff for the upcoming Sinfonia workshop

Things on this list that I've actually accomplished today:

--Nothing. Not jack squat.

It's OK, though, because I really needed a lazy day like this. Even though this has been the best spring break I've ever had in terms of the amount of cool stuff I've gotten to do (the subject of tomorrow's post), I haven't had a day yet to do absolutely nothing, and I've enjoyed it to the hilt. Saving this all for tomorrow will make me more tired at the end of that day, which should make having to go to bed at 11:00 all the easier.

I'm headed to dinner in a second, followed by a jam session with the 15th Street Jazz guys a little later. The fun continues...

(UPDATE: By the end of break, I did at least get #1 and #2 on the above list completed; thank goodness for a little more time off this week.)

No comments: