Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Tribute in "Tenor Madness" Form

Just a quick heads-up to my fellow Metroplex jazz fans (and yes, as a player, I'm still definitely a fan). You probably know that there's always great jazz on Thursday nights at the Dallas Museum of Art (which I usually have to miss because of evening combo rehearsals), and you certainly recall the unfortunate passing of Marchel Ivery a few months ago. Well, those two things will converge tomorrow night as three of Dallas' best living tenorists--Shelley Carrol, Wayne Delano and Chris McGuire--join with a rhythm section to present a "Tenor Madness" program in tribute to Marchel. (Full disclosure: I went to school with all three of these guys, so I'm happy to plug them, but I'd do so even if that weren't the case.) As always, it's in the atrium of the DMA and absolutely free. This one should be way too cool to miss, so I hope to see you there.

No comments: