Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's That Time of Year Again...

...when I hit the road for San Antonio and the TMEA convention. I'm going a day earlier than usual this year, since I'm the sponsor for a couple of community college all-state jazz band members; it's the first time in my history that a school is paying my way for this trip.

There's not a ton of jazz at this convention this year, but I will get to see Wycilffe Gordon with the Baylor Jazz Ensemble, as well as the UNT Jazz Singers, tomorrow night. Other guests will include the pianist and educator Shelly Berg, as well as my camp colleague, Glenn Kostur (also known as one-fourth of THRASCHER), who'll be directing the All-State Jazz Band (the high school one).

As always, it'll be fun to play the new horns, experience the Riverwalk cuisine and see practically everyone I ever went to college with in the same weekend. Needless to say, blogging will be light and sporadic, depending on the size of the lines at the "Internet cafe" in the exhibit hall. This would be a great time to have a laptop, but I hope to do that by this time next year. I'm back on Sunday around noon; everyone have a great week.

No comments: