Monday, May 31, 2004

Bon Voyage, Mom and Dad

(I need to get Zack to translate that title into Chinese for me, or at least tell me where I can get the fonts and use the Babelfish. It'll be especially fun since the first phrase is in French...)

My parents left this morning on a three-week vacation. Being the world travellers that they are, they've visited a lot of exotic places, but this one tops 'em all: China. They left Houston at 7:30 this morning for San Francisco, where they'll catch another plane to Tokyo. Since they've never been to Japan either, they decided to let their "layover" last for three days. But the bulk of their time will be in China; during the process, they'll hit Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong and take a cruise down the Yangtze River.

Some of you may be thinking, "wow, must be nice." Trust me, I'm thinking that too; the only way I'll ever be able to do three weeks in China is if jazz really, really catches on over there and I get to do a massive Asian tour (Zack would be jealous; I'd have to bring him along as a roadie).

Oh, I guess there is one more way I could afford a trip like that: I could marry a doctor or a lawyer. That'd work. :-)

Blow out the candles: Happy birthday Jonathan! Hope your move back to Texas is proceeding on schedule.

No comments: