Friday, May 28, 2004

#300

Thanks to the new stuff that Blogger added to its interface, I now can tell you that this is my three-hundredth post on The Musings of Kev. It's not a milestone on the level of, say, Nolan Ryan's 300th victory (which almost got to see in person, except they pulled him with a no-decision and he ended up getting the milestone win on the road), but it's still fairly amazing to think about.

After the horrible bowling day that was Wednesday, I jumped at the chance to redeem myself last night when Coop and Demon Matt invited me. Halfling and Angie joined us on the adjacent lane so we could cram as many games as possible into the last hour of business ("as many games as possible" ended up being "two," but that's still more than we would have gotten in if we'd been crammed onto one lane).

And redeem myself I did. I was back in my usual range, for the most part, even though we were all afflicted with the dreaded "Curse of Nines" again. Coop won both of the games, but I was back in the realm of respectability. OK, I didn't really think that I had just somehow lost my ability to bowl the day before, but it is somewhat unsettling to suddenly not be able to do something that you normally can do fairly well, for absolutely no reason. I was happy to see that Wednesday was a fluke.

Tomorrow is the Halfling/Fizban/Dingus graduation; I'll have my tribute to the Class of '04 up here sometime over the weekend.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Oops,. I believe you're right there. I was too busy being bummed from losing to remember who actually won.

Anonymous said...

So you were at this game too, eh?

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07250TEX1990.htm

GP