- An aquarium in Japan that's home to a collection of exotic fish is using an electric eel to power the lights on a Christmas tree.
- A woman in South Dakota nearly ended up sharing her hot tub with a mountain lion.
- Meanwhile, in Vermont, a horse survived a plunge into an icy swimming pool, but only after a number of rescue attempts.
- And along the same lines, a bull had to be rescued from a well recently in China.
- According to legend, Davy Crockett killed a bear (or perhaps that's "kilt a b'ar") when he was three years old. And now, a distant relative of Crockett has done so at the age of five.
- And finally, check out the amazing escape-artist trout who have found a way to swim away from their farm.
Taking the low road, part 2: A student driver in Houston passed his drivers' test and subsequently drove his car into the DPS building.
Taking no road at all until someone helps you: From the "SUX2BU" department, we have the UPS truck I saw getting towed down the freeway service road tonight. Imagine all the holiday deliveries that were interrupted by that...