- Police in Rancho Cordova, California are pulling over motorists who are doing a good job driving and rewarding them with Starbucks cards for the holidays.
- You've heard of a "turducken" (a hen stuffed inside of a duck stuffed inside of a turkey), correct? Now, somebody in England has created a roast made from 48 birds of 12 different species.
- One New Jersey dry-cleaning establishment will probably get a lump of coal in its stocking after it lost Santa's suit.
- Burglars in New Zealand had sort of a Grinch-like change of heart when they returned the Christmas presents they'd stolen from a family's home a few hours before. (I say "sort of" because most of the items were returned with some sort of damage.)
- Enjoy the Cavalcade of Bad Nativity Scenes.
- Someone stole the baby Jesus statues from the nativity scenes at twelve different people's houses. They ended up at the foot of the Virgin Mary at a nearby church. (Unintended funny line at the end of the video: The homeowner who says "I think I'll nail it down" to avoid future thefts.)
- And finally, even though the originator of the "Secret Santa" tradition in Kansas City (a guy in a Santa suit randomly handing out $100 bills to strangers) died earlier this year, someone has taken up the mantle--anonymously, of course.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Another Holiday Cornucopia
The weird holiday stories, they just keep on a-comin':