Friday, November 09, 2007

No Room at the Inn Stadium

About a year ago, a friend and I said, "We need to go see a Cowboys game sometime soon." We didn't get around to it last year, and I was amazed when I found out in July that all of this season's home games had already sold out. So you'd best believe that I was even more amazed to read this in the paper today: All of next season's games are now sold out as well:
If you want tickets for any Cowboys game in 2008, forget it.

There are no tickets for the 2008 season the team announced on Thursday. It's the first time in franchise history that has happened. The chance to watch a game in Texas Stadium one final time is one reason for a sellout.
Oh yeah--the last year in Texas Stadium. I knew that, but 2009 just doesn't seem that close yet. Dang. I guess I'll have to visit a scalper professional ticket broker if I want to see anything before the new stadium opens, and I'll have to get on it as far as trying to see something in that first season over there, since half the known universe will be trying to do the same thing.

(At least I've been to a Cowboys game before. I have yet to see a Stars game; in fact, I have yet to go in the doors of the American Airlines Center for any reason.)

So the question of the day is this: If I do find a ticket broker, what should my top price for a ticket be? How much would you spend on a (regular-season) sporting event?

I don't think I'll try to get into a sold-out Cowboys game this way: A guy tried to smuggle an illegal alien into the U.S. (at a Texas border stop, no less) by hiding him in a suitcase.

Meanwhile, this is priced like a stadium concession: A New York City restaurant is offering a $25,000 dessert. (Imagine the tip on that order, if you did 15%...)

No comments: