Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Artistry in Armaments?

A friend of mine sent this to me last night; it's from the End User License Agreement for the iTunes software:
You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
This got me to thinking: How would you develop a weapon using iTunes? (Insert obligatory joke about a pop song "bombing" here if you wish.) My friend and I were joking about how even if someone could, say, send a song-bomb between computers, we jazzers would still be safe, because nobody would ever bother making one for an audience as small as us; it would be like writing a virus for Macs.

I should have caught that little comedy gem myself the last time I updated iTunes, but I'll admit to skimming those things rather quickly; I hope there's no promise in there about giving up your firstborn kid or anything (sorry, Kev Jr.!). Supposedly, there's more funny stuff in there, so I'll look more carefully next time.

A moooving experience: The driver of a cattle truck decided to stop for lunch--at McDonald's. As he did, the rear gate opened, and the cows took off running. They were eventually caught, but they haven't been made into Quarter Pounders at this point; maybe someone should sign the cows up for the next Chik-Fil-A commercial. (Key quote, from a local police officer: "They didn't like their future.")

No comments: