Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another Milestone

This morning, Kevmobile 1.2 hit the magic mark of 150,000 miles. With the amount of money I've put into her in the past month alone, I hope she's around for a while. I'm not sure if this car is meant to top the 338,000 miles I put on the original Kevmobile (and I really doubt I'll catch my friend Kris and his 400,000-mile 4Runner), but you never know. The cool thing is that it took me nearly two years to get there from the 100K mark (which happened two Thanksgivings ago in Austin), which means I'm driving a lot less than I was a few years ago, when my yearly average was 33,000. Less driving = less gas = mo' money. Yay.

Tomorrow will bring a regular-sized post, I hope.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

With the new cold we are seeing I have to change a lot of things, including casing my guitars again, instead of being able to leave them on the guitar rack. Psshhh...

Also, the new cold makes my car stall whenever it idles after it warms up and the RPMs drop. So I have to shift while pushing the brake and revving the car otherwise my steering will go out as I try and pull into a parking spot at school. Fun fun.

Kev said...

So you have to keep your guitars in their cases whenever they're not played, even indoors? Wow, that and your stalled-car story makes me glad I left Missouri after second grade...

So exactly how cold is it up there? We've had our little "arctic blast" this week, and it's almost gotten down below freezing at night.