Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Quote(s) of the Day(s)

This is that day during the school year where I just never stopped being tired all day, so I'm hitting the proverbial hay early. But I did have a couple of quoteworthy things from this week. First, yesterday:

(An exchange between me and a student during a lesson)
STUDENT (hearing squawks from the room next door): Man, I'm glad I don't play clarinet.
ME: Well, remember, the saxophone was invented to be an improvement upon the clarinet...but still, it has its good moments.
CLARINETIST IN THE NEXT ROOM: SkrOOOOOOONK!
ME: ...and that just doesn't happen to be one of them.

The QOTD for today comes from my mom, in an email sent on the eve of her and my dad's trip to Spain and Portugal that starts tomorrow. They live near Houston, which might be under the gun from Hurricane Rita in a few days, but they won't be there to react to it:

"Don't know if we will have a house standing when we get back or not. Can't do anything about it at this point in time.
Dad says we will win the prize for evacuating the longest distance."

Heh, that's a good one...but seriously, I hope their house makes it through their trip unscathed.

No comments: