Wednesday, April 14, 2004

If a Tree Falls in the Forest...

For the first time in my professorial career, I had a class tonight where almost nobody showed up. I knew there were going to be three absences, as they had told me in advance; I knew Miles would be there because I was his ride to campus; I at least expected everyone else to show, but only one person did.

This begs the question: Can only two people constitute a class, or would that make it more of a tutorial? Certainly if it had just been me and Miles, that would've been considered a private lesson. We let out early, much to Miles's delight (since the Stars game was on), and it was weird to leave class before dark. All I can say is, I hope the others had good excuses...if not, it was their loss.

I'm home now. I'm bored. I'm going bowling (yes, on a weeknight) in a minute.

Groundhog day: Last night, on my way home from the college, the Rangers were down to the A's 6-0, but scored their first run of the game as I turned onto my street. Tonight, on my way home from the college, the Rangers were down to the A's 6-0, but scored their first run of the game as I turned onto my street. (Yes, you'd better believe I used the "copy and paste" function for that last sentence.) If it turns out to be 10-9, A's again tonight, that'll just be freaky...

Blow out the candles: Happy birthday to my Aunt Nora in Indiana, Mom's elder sis by a year and two days. It's been way too long since our last visit...

No comments: