Friday, January 23, 2004

As Heard Over Dinner...

Had a great visit with the parents today, and it seemed to spawn more quotes than usual. Here are the ones I remember:

ME (showing Mom and Dad the site of the eventual Firewheel Town Center): This is supposed to open in the fall of '05, so we'll have a lot more places to eat out here when you visit.
MOM: I wonder if we'll still have any teeth by then...
ME: Well, if not, I'm sure they'll have a Souper Salad or something.
MOM: Oh, good, soup...something we can gum.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

SERVER AT OUTBACK: If you need anything, my name is Lauren.
ME (to Mom and Dad, after Lauren leaves): I wonder what her name would be if we didn't need anything.

I've always made fun of that particular phrase when servers use it. One time I actually asked a server what her name would be if we didn't need anything, and she came up with one! It was a weird name, like Gretel or Gidget or something, but I gave her props for thinking on her feet like that.

TODAY ON THE TEAM BLOG: Kev's Guide to Gig Etiquette

No comments: