Saturday, June 13, 2009

Still in the Queue

I finished jumping through the last of the pre-op hoops, and now I'm stuck in the scheduling queue for some reason. It's very frustrating that I haven't been given a definite time yet, as I need to make sure that I'm well enough to fly in mid-July. (And if that were the case, I might have to postpone the surgery till early August, which is way too close to the start of the school year.)

As I said on Twitter just a little bit ago, it seems to me that, unless you're in a life-or-death situation, dealing with the medical profession can just be one big waiting game. (And if this is how it works with private enterprise at the helm, I don't even want to think about what it would be like if the government were running things.)

I'll update when I have something concrete.

No comments: