Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is Mah Birfday, and I'm Still Asking...

...where are caek?.

This year, especially the past few months, has been quite unusual, but at least "mah birfday" didn't start out as oddly as last year's, when I began my day in the air after numerous flight delays. Today should be much more chill, with only a few lessons here and there, so maybe I'll have time to catch up on the blog posts that are once again getting backlogged.

Some say that birthdays lose their meaning after a certain number of years, but not for me; with 365 days in a year, it's cool to be able to claim one of them as your own. (And I may not be getting "caek" today, but I've been enjoying free food all week, thanks to being on so many restaurants' email lists. Most of them send out other stuff during the year, but this week is when everything comes pouring in.)

And if you're wondering, mah birfday-mates include the likes of Brazilian singer João Gilberto (known for his work with Stan Getz), author/jazz critic Nat Hentoff, figure skater Tara Lipinski, actress Judy Garland, Great Britain's Prince Philip and former quarterback Dan Fouts. (Sources: here and here)

No comments: