Saturday, October 06, 2007

Founders Day

As I do every year on this day, I want to wish a happy Founders Day to my brothers in Sinfonia, a fine brotherhood of musicians. We're 109 today, and we'll be celebrating tomorrow with a concert in the UNT Recital Hall at 3:00 p.m. tomorrow; I'll be conducting a big band as part of the concert. To my brothers, as always, may our banner proudly "float for aye."

Building a better brotherhood: On this fraternal anniversary, it's a good time to point out that, despite the "Animal House" image they've held over the years, many fraternities are cleaning up their act and returning to the emphasis on ideals and service on which the groups were founded in the first place.

Catchin' up: It's been difficult to finish my posts on time during the latter part of the week recently, but please check out the now-completed ones from Thursday and yesterday, where the subjects are saggy pants and dress codes in general (the latter a favorite topic around here, and the former seems to always be in the news lately).

No comments: