Saturday, October 27, 2007

Car-iversary

It was five years ago today that I bought Kevmobile 1.2, so I have to stop for a moment and ponder that. I probably never expected to still have this car five years later (the idea was--and still is, even though they're not made new anymore--to get an RSX at some point in time), but--save for a few well-chronicled hiccups, she's been a pretty good vehicle. Since I had to buy a car with less than two weeks' notice last time, I have no problem taking my time for the next one, and, as I've said before, I'm enjoying the time of no car payments as I try to save up for the next one.

(The story of the original Kevmobile may be found here, and the day it hit 333,333 miles is commemorated here. Have any stories about a great car? Leave 'em in the comments.)

I meant to post this a few days ago, but I got busy. Do I need to buy a better excuse than that? A company is offeringfake but realstic-looking excuse notes from doctors, fake jury summons, etc., for people who want to skip work or school without facing the consequences.

No comments: