Friday, November 03, 2006

Travel Advisory

I'm out and about for part of the weekend--off to Waco tonight to assist the fraternity chapter down there with a ceremony. It also means that, since I'll be that close to Austin on a free day, I'll finally get to see my new nephew in person; I'm definitely looking forward to that. I might have a post tomorrow evening, if I'm so inclined (the Austin visit will only be a day trip, as I'm playing in early church on Sunday morning), or late Sunday otherwise. Apologies again for the spottiness of posts; it's been that kind of semester.

An icon on the way out? A factory that's been the home of the original version of the pink flamingo lawn ornament has shut its doors this week.

Sorry, Chief, we'd rather keep going to Krispy Kreme: A police chief in Florida was sacked this week after he sent a memo urging overweight officers in his department to get in shape.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have something to amuse yourself while you sit in traffic, sin e the highway is shut down in both directions. =/

Anonymous said...

*points up* Now that was a unique typo. x_X;;

Kev said...

Actually, 35 was open again by the time I got down there (if you don't know what we're talking about, there was a horrible accident involving two 18-wheelers down there). They still had a big chunk of service road shut down when I passed by, and one of the burned-out truck trailers had been moved to the outer median. Scary stuff...

Anonymous said...

Yikes!