Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tin for Ten

Happy tenth anniversary to my sister and brother-in-law, Kristen and Justin! As I noted last year on this day, there's a site that explains the different materials associated with each year's anniversary, and the tenth year brings forth tin (I wonder if that was done because the words sound alike). I'm not sure what the happy couple might get each other that's made out of tin, unless a "Tin Roof" ice cream sundae would count. (The story also notes that diamonds can be used to symbolize the first decade, especially since very few people make it to their 75th anniversary, where the diamond also comes into play.)

I didn't get to see them on their big day, but I might be able to this weekend, or definitely next week when my parents have their own anniversary bash. At any rate, here's to many, many more!

Now everyone knows the muffin man...and his accomplice: Last week, I posted the story of the mysterious "muffin man" who made some teachers and staffers at Lake Highlands High School sick. I found out a few days ago that the guy on the video went to school with one of my friends...and, had I paid attention through the entire ceremony, I would've known which name was skipped at graduation. But now, the entire story's out, including the fact that the perpetrator had a helper on the inside.

No comments: