Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Springtime Smorgasbord

It's been pretty busy recently, so I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. Whenever I see an interesting article that looks like it could turn into a topic (or at least a little bottom-of-the-post "news" item), I bookmark it in a file called Blogworthy Articles. So before they go stale, here are some of the things from the past week which haven't quite made it onto the blog yet...

This is a test. This is only a test. This is...ZZZZZZZZZZ: SAT scores are dropping, and experts may have found a reason--the test is just too danged long.

Just remember, kids, there's a reason they call it the World Wide Web: A couple of teenagers set several suspicious fires in their hometown of Rockville, Maryland, and then got busted for it after they bragged about it on their MySpace sites--complete with pictures.

The reason I still buy CD's: When you download a song from a paid service, do you subsequently own the song? Not necessarily...

What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians: Scanning the friend-o-sphere, I found a post from Eric that asks the profound question, Are drummers musicians? (Jokes aside, I certainly say that they are.)

1 comment:

Shawn said...

My SAT equivalent to the ACT was lower... and it was hella long. Why did I take both? I have no idea really. And I buy CDs too. Too much good stuff in the covers, that and the quality.