Saturday, December 17, 2005

Life of the Party

The Quote of the Day comes from a guy who attended the same Christmas party I went to last night. I had seen him at his workplace a few months ago, but not since then. I soon found out why:

DUDE: I don't work there anymore. I got fired.
ME: Why's that?
DUDE: Because I took my pants off.

He then went to another room for a second, leaving us hanging with that odd statement. (It turns out that, as he would later tell us, it had gotten hot in the room where he was working, and he was wearing shorts underneath his pants, so he just discarded a layer....but a girl at work misunderstood his intentions and tried to pin some sort of harassment charge on him. Geez...)

War of the 'works: A couple of the guests at the party were rather relieved to find out that there had been a fireworks display (which I attended) outside the new theatre tonight; they had walked out their door and seen all the flashing lights, and it reminded them a lot of the recent remake of War of the Worlds. I reassured them that we were definitely not under alien invasion.

Someone's having "software" issues: Here's an oldie but a goodie: Neal Boortz notes the difficulties of upgrading from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0.

No comments: