Thursday, August 26, 2004

Zoo Week

Four days between posts...no, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. Instead, it must be the week before college classes start, a.k.a. Zoo Week--the week where everything happens at once, and every ounce of spare time is taken up with something; even if it's cool stuff, the days end up being even longer than they normally would. It's always struck me as odd how the week before college ends up being busier than college itself.

So, let me catch up: Monday was...Monday, start at 7:30 a.m., end up at the store at 8 p.m. (with a dinner break that may or may not get filled with students; the 20 bucks a lesson is really tempting, but so is the chance to eat at a normal hour).

Tuesday was a "short" (5 hours) teaching day, followed by five hours (!) of listening to auditions at the college. The hallway was never empty of people waiting to go next, so we just kept running 'em in. We did burrito night after that, and I worked with Halfling on the stuff for his two auditions later in the week (he's trying out for "regular" band as well as lab band).

Last night was leisure time, as I went to the Rangers game with Halfling and J-Guar, who's back from Minnesota and thus was cheering for the "wrong" team (his hometown Twins). The Twins won the game, though the last fly ball hit by a Ranger would have been a game-winning grand slam if it had gone just a bit higher and a few feet farther. At least it was interesting for most of the game.

Today was another short day, the last Thursday before combos resume next week. I'll still have a combo rehearsal tonight, but it's for Saturday's Ke Davi gig, so it'll be great fun.

There we go; I'm all caught up now. Perhaps by the weekend I'll be interesting and topical again, but I wanted to at least chime in today while I had the time.

Blowing out the candles: Happy birthday to C-Rod, my former protege and now an avid practitioner of "acid jazz." Can he really be 26? Man, I've known him since he was 11...

1 comment:

Kev said...

I was blown away to see that score...can't believe Chan Ho won a game!