Sunday, August 29, 2004

There's No Place Like Home

I almost overlooked this in the busy-ness of this week, but today is my third anniversary as a homeowner. After years of renting, it has been really cool to have a place to truly call my own.



Casa de Kev (photo by Mom)

It hasn't been without its problems, of course, but I have to say that, all in all, homeownership is really cool. Mom and Dad come up every few months and do more stuff to spruce the place up, and even when I'm stuck mowing the lawn, it's not all that bad because I realize that it's my own place that I'm making look nice instead of somebody else's (I don't miss the rental house at all in that respect, not one bit).

And now that I've been there a while, it's gotten an identity of its own as a place full of music and friends. The hangs, the jams...I've never felt more at home in any other place I lived since the house I grew up in (the one which, ironically, looks a lot like the one Halfling grew up in).

Here's to many more years of great times in this place...

No comments: