Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A Half-Day for the Halfling

Happy Birthday to Matt, a.k.a. Halfling...my best friend in the world, my "brother from a different mother." What great times we've had this past year (too many to name, but our mondo hang on Friday night/Saturday was an awesome way to cap off the summer), and what great times we can look forward to in the future.

I could say a lot more, but we've said it ourselves a hundred times (and I don't want this blog to redline on the Sap-O-Meter). So I'll just say this: Thank you, Bro, for being you; it means more than you'll ever know, and the world is a better place because you're in it. I look forward to celebrating this day with you when my half-day of teaching is done (yes, it's only a half-day so I can hang with Halfling).

(And yes, I did stay up till just past midnight to do the birthday wishes and type this post. Just because.)

1 comment:

Kev said...

I think "mondo" has a bit of a timeless quality; it's fared better than, say, "groovy" or "rad." ;-)