Sunday, August 10, 2003

Krispy Kids

So I was a little bored last night and had to get out of the house for a little bit. I ended up going to Frisco to satisfy my occasional Krispy Kreme hankering (plus I had $2 worth of "KK Bucks" that someone had given me). The amazing thing was how many little kids--I mean like pre-kindergartners--were in there at 10:45 at night. Maybe they were all at the Roughriders game (minor league baseball team just down the street), but I was really surprised that they were still awake, much less out doing stuff. And all that sugar...I bet some of 'em still haven't gotten to sleep yet, heh heh (and I write this over 14 hours later).

Also noticed while I was there that Essenza, the Italian restaurant where 15th Street had their first steady indoor gig, had closed. I'm not sure it was even open a year, which is actually fairly common in the cutthroat D/FW restaurant business. Still, it was a nice place that served an awesome Tiramisu...too bad it didn't make it.

No comments: