Thursday, July 23, 2009

One of the Most Fun Gigs I've Ever Played

As you may know, there's not a lot of blog time this week, but I had to chime in long enough to say that tonight's jazz camp concert with Gregg Bissonette has to rank up there as one of the best times I've ever had playing music in my entire life. Not only is Gregg an amazing talent on the drum set, eliciting a wide variety of sounds from the kit (among my favorites is when he turned the snare drum upside down and started "scratching" on the snares), but he's also absolutely hilarious, doing all kinds of crazy voices including the obligatory Maynard impression that every Ferguson alumnus (and most of his fans) conjures up whenever the man's name is mentioned. The nearly-packed house added to the excitement of the night (thanks to my cheering section, whoever you were!), and a great time was had by all.

And it's always nice to be carrying a camera around with you in the person of an iPhone, so you can create keepsakes like this:

Me and Gregg

There's one more day of camp left, and then, after two weeks of traveling and generally being busy every day, I can relax a bit on Saturday.

Confidential to Kris: Get well soon! You dodged a bullet there...

No comments: