Saturday, July 11, 2009

A LIttle Spring Cleaning at the Blog

You may notice a slightly different look to The Musings today. First of all, I finally switched over to the Layouts feature (which puts me only about a year behind the curve, I suppose), which allows easier editing of the template on my end and a much easier way to scroll back through old posts on your end (just click the "Older Posts" link at the very bottom of the main page). While I kept the same general template, there's a considerable splash of green in the sidebar now, and some things are organized in a better fashion--especially the previous years' archives, which are now neatly rolled into a single link for each year, with clickable access to individual months within those years. (I also like the fact that they list the number of posts for each year; I had no idea until now that I hit my height of blogging in 2007, with 342 posts.)

Since a lot of my friends are not actively blogging right now, I also merged the Friends' Blogs section into an expanded Blogroll, and I updated the Other Cool Sites section with a lot of things that I've been reading lately, such as Labelscar, Not Fooling Anybody and, of course, I Can Has Cheezburger?--none of which had been represented over there, even if most of them had been quoted in the blog at some point. And if you're into extreme geekery, you might notice that blockquotes now have green text on the same color background as everything else, as opposed to the black text on white background that was used in the past.

This whole thing made me curious as to when the last time was that I made any major template changes to this blog. Believe it or not, it was May 10, 2004, so I guess you could say it was about time.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the slightly new look.

No comments: