Friday, June 10, 2005

The Clock Strikes Midnight...For Me

BURLINGTON--I rang in my birthday tonight in unusual fashion, with the soundtrack provided by the clock tower of Burlington City Hall. Having spent the evening on the Church Street Marketplace (seeing the Chet Baker documentary Let's Get Lost, among other things), and the last group of my van passengers and I decided to stay downtown to start off the newest year of my personal calendar. There was music everywhere, and tons of people around; hopefully, a lot of this next year will turn out the same way.

This is a short post, because it's an early night for me; we're going on a three-hour canoe float in the morning, followed by lunch at the legendary Jana's Cupboard in Jeffersonville, and the "Saxophone Summit" concert of Joe Lovano, Dave Liebman and Chris Potter (filling in for the ailing Michael Brecker) at night. Reviews to follow, of course. But first, a good night of sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPYBIRTHDAYKEV!

Eric Grubbs said...

So, what's the grand total of years on Earth now?

Kev said...

Heh, we never discuss that on this blog. Let's just say I'm celebrating my 29th birthday, but not necessarily for the first time. ;-)