Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a Gas!

Tonight, for the first time in quite a while, I paid less than $3 a gallon when filling up Kevmobile 2.0. I was out and about quite a bit during the evening, and I started to see prices with a two in the far left column, and when my fuel light came on, I found a station in Plano selling regular at $2.92. (It was also nice to come in with a total below thirty bucks again.)

I realize that, in some ways, the lower prices are a result of everything going on with the economy right now, but I bet part of it is also in response to people's changed driving habits--combining errands, cutting out unnecessary trips, etc. It's always nice to have a bit of good news like this in such uncertain times.

What's the cheapest you've seen gas going for this weekend?

NEXT DAY UPDATE: On a trip out east to Commerce, gas was even cheaper than last night, with the low price I saw being $2.69 a gallon for regular at a grocery store there. Can anyone top (or I guess that would be "bottom") that?

2 comments:

Eric Grubbs said...

$2.99 a gallon at the Texaco off of Spring Creek and 75 in Plano. I got a few callers this morning that a Wal-Mart in Waco was selling gas for $2.85 a gallon.

Kev said...

Did you mean $2.89 at that Texaco? On Saturday night, one exit away from the Texaco you described (a Shell at 75 and Legacy), I saw that price, but of course, my fuel light didn't come on until I was way past that intersection.

And I just talked to a friend in Corpus who saw $2.69 gas, just like I did in Commerce yesterday.