Friday, October 03, 2008

A Great Time-Waster (No Fooling!)

Host James Lileks is on a few days' vacation from buzz.mn, and in the post announcing the hiatus, he instructed the buzzerati (as the readers are often known) to come up with their own topics. One of the ones that came up was "interesting websites," and a commenter suggested notfoolinganybody.com, a site dedicated to buildings that formerly housed chain fast-food restaurants but have been converted to something else...with little effort to hide the former identity of the buildings. (The three most popular former tenants appear to be KFC, PIzza Hut and Taco Bell.)

It's a fascinating site (and a great way to kill half an hour), so I would recommend a visit when you have the time. Among my favorite pictures:I've seen a few bad conversions in my time, so I'll have to take the camera out there and submit some photos of my own; I'll update this post when I do.

Blowing out the candles: Happy birthday to my former roomie James.

No comments: