Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Can't Get Started

OK, quick straw poll: Has anyone else who was on spring break this past week just had the worst time getting back into the swing of things? I know that I sure have. Granted, the trip to Houston and back in one day on Saturday for the SFJAZZ Collective concert didn't help things, but I've just found myself stuck in neutral all week so far. (By the way, a review of that concert will be posted in a day or two.) Students at all levels seem to be in the same straits, and I've heard from some of them that their other teachers are like this as well. Give us a few days of freedom and some nice weather, and the whole train just flies off the track. At least I have "second spring break" (a.k.a. the dreaded week of TAKS testing next month) to look forward to, though my wallet will not be so happy with the idea.

The long and short of this is that, even though I always have plenty to say on this blog, any posts of substance will have to wait at least one more day while I try to get back on a regular schedule again. The funny news stories, of course, continue unabated, much like the news itself.

Kids 1, Adults 0: On the new Fox reality show, "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader," the kids are winning so far.

UPDATED SCORE: Kids 2, Adults 0: When a mother started dealing drugs recently, her six-year-old daughter turned her in to the cops.

But the adults strike back: At some shopping malls, including Minneapolis' famed Mall of America, kids under 16 are not admitted without a parent or guardian after 4 p.m. on weekends.

No comments: