Saturday, June 11, 2005

A Quick Update

BURLINGTON--The lobby computer is being fairly quirky lately, so I may have to wait for the full concert review from last night until I get back. Suffice it to say, the Saxophone Summit was a wonderful night of musicianship--very "out there" at times,and extremely long tunes (only three--or was it four?--within a period of nearly two hours), but these guys have definitely got it going.

Today, we play, and with any luck, we'll be able to hold off the rain that has occasionally been in the area for the past several days (with a projected high of 89 today, we've definitely brought our weather up here with us). McCoy Tyner is tonight, and again, depending on how often the online connection stays up, I may save the review for next week (I'll probably just replace this post with the Sax Summit review eventually). Wish us luck on the gig, and I'll chime in later with a recap.

No comments: