Monday, January 30, 2006

Free Food Tomorrow!

With a headline like that, I could probably post about anything, since I almost certainly have your attention now. Except that the subject actually is free food tomorrow, assuming you're in my part of town. The new Potbelly in Firewheel Market is giving out free sandwiches tomorrow to anyone who makes a donation to Habitat for Humanity. The promotion runs between 11 and 3, but if you're reading this, please try to avoid being in line around 1:20, so I won't have to wait too long (kidding). I'm not sure how much the donation is required to be, but I'm assuming it's somewhat more than a penny and somewhat less than the actual price of the sandwich. At any rate, it's good food for a good cause.

And I thought Bruce Hall was bad back in the day: Hard to believe, but over at Yale, the university with a $15.7 billion endowment, they're finally supplying soap in the dormitory bathrooms. Hopefully, nobody will post urinal signs telling people to use the soap.

2 comments:

Eric Grubbs said...

I think it's time for Kev to try (risk-free) the fabled Chili Cheeseburger (aka, meatball with chili).

Enjoy!

Kev said...

Actually, I tried that a week and a half ago, and I guess I just forgot to post about it. Great stuff; thanks for the tip!