Saturday, December 03, 2005

*whew*

It's great to be back in blogging mode, and even better that the long Week O' Concerts is over. Generally speaking, everything went really well; my daytime combo, many of whose members hadn't ever performed in a small-group jazz setting before, did a fine job on Wednesday night, and the night combo did well both nights, during its solo sets and its supporting role behind the jazz choir. Each group was also well-received by its respective audiences.

It really did make for a tiring week, seeing as how I left the house at 7 a.m. or so the last three days and didn't get back till around 11:00, but that's the nature of my job sometimes. Still, it was a great time, and, to paraphrase something I once saw on a sign in the Rangers' clubhouse, the worst day of playing music is better than the best day at the office.

I'm off to see my high-schoolers at all-region tryouts, and I'll probably be back with a topical post later.

No comments: