Friday, February 04, 2011

Obligatory Snow Picture 2.0

Yeah, I know--I posted my obligatory annual Texas snow picture here a few weeks ago...but I had to post another one, because this snowfall is far superior to the previous one:


Last night's snowfall, on top of the remaining ice (and taking place during a time when we've been below freezing for over three days) was certainly nice-looking, but it threw a complete monkey wrench into anyone's driving plans today. I did take my own trek to the outside world this afternoon, but I stayed much closer to home this time, and the biggest challenge was getting back up my own driveway. (It's hard to differentiate the driveway from the yard in this picture, but take a look at the height of the railroad ties at the front of the yard and you'll get an idea; my driveway is pitched at about a 45-degree angle.)

This has been one of the strangest weeks of winter weather in the entire time I've been in North Texas; I can't remember there being four missed school days at any time. But, as Annie says, the sun will come out tomorrow, and long-delayed errands will get done. I for one can't wait!

No comments: