Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cariversary

Today is the third anniversary of my purchase of Kevmobile 2.0 (as noted here on the big day itself), and once again, I couldn't be happier with my decision of which car to get. As I noted a year ago,
Really, I have no complaints at all. The gas mileage is really good (even if the smaller tank sends me to the station a bit more, the MPG itself is superb), the capacity to haul various combinations of people and stuff has worked out really nicely (take note of the time I was able to haul 17 cases of laminate flooring in a single trip), and it's a lot of fun to drive. (I missed this a great deal when I was recovering from knee surgery and couldn't drive a stick; nothing else was quite the same.)

I also got in on this during a good model year. To me, there's something not quite as appealing about the design of the newer ('09 and later) models; the older ones have more personality, I guess. (My buddy Coop, who got me into this whole Fit thing in the first place, concurs with this, and we've noted in the past that neither of us anticipates buying a new car until ours are around ten years old or so.)
Again, here's to many more years of trouble-free driving.

And do I have a picture from today? Why, of course I do:


Blowing out the candles: Happy birthday to my protege and li'l bro, Aaron. He shares his day with a lot of well-known people, including radio hosts Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern, as well as prolific blogress Ann Althouse.

No comments: