Friday, February 16, 2007

Alamo Crackers

SAN ANTONIO--All is going well at TMEA. The 'Net in the hotel was out last night, but it's back now, so I thought I'd chime in with yet another quick collection of animal stories so that my loyal readers (and I appreciate all 20 of you--really!) won't come back to an empty Musings every day while I'm out of town.

(Incidentally, the title of this post is the name of an actual gift item I saw in a Rivercenter Mall store last night. Heh.)

Like a sturgeon (that I've caught for the very first time): A Wisconsin man caught a 6-foot, 102-pound sturgeon while ice-fishing. (The article includes a great picture of the guy lying down on the ice next to the big fish.)

It's raining cats and one dog: A mother cat at a Connectictut Humane Society shelter has adopted a Rottweiler puppy that was rejected by its mother.

This must have driven the pilot nuts: An American Airlines flight was forced to land early when an unusual noise was heard above the cockpit; it was later proven that the noise in question was the skittering of a stowaway squirrel (say that ten times fast).

Is it soup yet? Nope: A Florida girl's pet turtle--forced inside because of bad weather--was accidentally eaten by the family's golden retriever...and lived to tell the tale.

No comments: